Friday, July 3, 2009

Frugal Friday!

Saturday, June 27th: Today was such a fun day! Bonnie and I ventured out to the Coppell Farmer's Market this morning for some fun. It was a lot smaller than I had imagined it would be and we didn't purchase anything, but now I can say that I've been to the Farmer's Market. After we got ready for the day, we met one of Bonnie's best friends, Laura, in Mockingbird Station. We ate lunch at Cafe Express, visited some stores and saw a movie. While walking to the movie, we were lured in to Ann Taylor Loft. I've been casually looking for some black sandals for a while, but haven't fallen in love with any. I finally found some that were cute and best of all, comfy! On another note, I lose my sunglasses at least twice a year and happened to misplace mine yesterday. Fortunately for me, they had some really cute, black sunglasses on sale too! When I was checking out, the sweet girl said, "You know we have a great deal on our sunglasses right now, 2 for $34.00..."I'm no fool. I replied, "That does sound like a good deal, but this pair is an even better deal!"

Sandals-Regular Price: $29.50. My price: $12.99. Sunglasses-Regular Price: $24.50. My price: $9.99.

Total Weekly Savings: $31.02 or 57%.

After my sweet purchases, we walked over to the Angelika to see Away We Go, with John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph. I highly recommend seeing it; it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time!

I am so thankful for the gift of laughter. I always have so much fun with Bonnie and I feel like Laura and I have known each other for years. Today, we were the annoying girls that you look at and think, "They need to shut-up. I wonder what is so funny..." We spent the whole afternoon saying/laughing about completely inappropriate things and it was awesome. I love hanging out with them because we can carelessly say the things that everyone else thinks about, but would never talk about it. It's just great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to go to the Coppell Farmer's market... I even drove by the lot the other afternoon to find out where it is. Used to be quite the small town!

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

Awesome dude!