Monday, March 8, 2010

Frugal Fri...Monday!

I definitely haven't lost my frugal touch, but I've entered into the world of couponing and am trying to up my game, so I've been a little distracted. Some of my favorite sites to follow are Cha-Ching on a Shoestring, Totally Target, and a new favorite, Addicted to Saving. I am a visual person and that's why I'm so drawn to Addicted to Saving. She has photo show and tells and she also totals how much she spends on groceries. I've always wondered, "Sure you are saving X amount, but how much are you spending?!" These sites are really great, because they do all of the work for you. All you need to do is buy your paper and remove all of your coupon inserts. When there is a really great deal, they'll tell you which coupons to use to ensure that you are spending as little as possible on the items.

There was a post a couple of weeks ago on Totally Target about the Clorox Toilet Wand.

Side note: If I'm going to clean my toilet, I definitely want to use an item that's been identified as a wand, because that's just fun. Back to the point of this post. You can find the post on Totally Target, here, which includes a link to a $5 off coupon and a $5 mail-in rebate form. I found the wand at Market Street today for $9.69 and used my $5 off coupon. I paid $5.19 after tax and once I receive my rebate, I will have paid $0.63 (tax and postage) for an item that would have set me back $10.49. HOLLER!

While I'm on my saving soap box, I want to make you aware of a sweet deal that Bonnie told me about today! Dunkin' Donuts is giving away FREE medium hot or ice coffee every Monday during the month of March!

You may want to print off the ad, just in case the people at your local DD look at you like a fool when you turn to walk away from the counter without paying for your coffee! I think I'm going to treat myself to one tonight!

1 comment:

Leah said...

free coffee!! yes!