Friday, May 22, 2009

Frugal Friday!

Wednesday, May 20th: Well, I was pretty ticked when I opened my mailbox today because THERE WERE NO GROCERY ADS! What the heck? Did someone play a horrible trick on me? The ads come every Wednesday and there were no ads! Is it Wednesday? I look at my watch to verify. Yes, it's Wednesday. I don't understand. Hmmm... Maybe they will come tomorrow. I decided to take advantage of the internet and just view the ads online. Sprouts Farmers Market has double ad day on Wednesdays. This means that the specials from the previous week and the specials for the upcoming week are both valid on Wednesday. Well, my best friend Bonnie is having a bridal shower in a couple of weeks and I volunteered to bring my famous chicken salad. Thankfully, today was the last day to get the boneless skinless chicken breast on sale. I ended up getting seven pounds of chicken. Whoa, that's a lot of chicken! Original price: $4.49/lb. My price: $1.88/lb. I also got one pound of fresh green beans while I was there. My favorite green bean recipe is steamed green beans with sauteed garlic and almonds - mmmm! Original price: $1.99/lb. My price: $0.88/lb. Total savings: $19.38 or 58%.



Thursday, May 21st: I'm not really sure what Victoria's Secret is or how she gets people to pay $10.00 for one pair of underwear, but she somehow manages to do it. I'm not one of those suckers who pays full price on any given day, and today was no different. Victoria's Secret is having a sale and it started today. Typically, their underwear sales are 5 for $25, but the marketing department got a little carried away this time. 10 for $25. YES! After a fun dinner with Bonnie and Naked Nancy (Bonnie's mom) at PF Changs tonight, Bonnie and I decided to hit up the sale. My sister, Jessica, gave me a coupon for a free pair of underwear and $10 off your purchase (not to be used on any promotions) last time I was home. After everything was said and done, I got 6 pairs of underwear (5 + 1 free pair, Bonnie bought the other 5) and some Very Sexy mist. Original price: $72.00. My price: Wait for it... $12.50! Ummm one of the best deals ever? I think so! The mist was on sale for $10.00, but with my $10 off coupon it was FREE! Total Savings: $59.50 or 83%.

Total Weekly Savings: $78.88 or 75%.

P.S. My intention in blogging about my frugality is partially to brag about it, but mostly to inspire you to find out how to get the most out of your hard earned dollar. I hope it's working. More to come next week...

2 comments:

Leah said...

wow, i'm gonna have to take a trip to vs. that is very inspiring.

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

Oh my good gosh! That is such an awesome deal at Victoria's Secret! Good saving Britt!