Friday, September 4, 2009

Frugal Friday!

One thing I've noticed (and love so much) since I started my Frugal Friday posts is that everyone always feels inclined to call and/or e-mail to tell me about their great purchases! I always get so excited and I feel like a teacher might feel when her student comes back and says, "Look Teacher! I did it all on my own! Aren't you proud of me?" From my fingertips to your eyes (maybe your ears if you are like my roommate and the only way you know what my blog says is because someone reads it to you), I am soooo proud of you! Keep it up!

I really enjoy blogging. For me it's an outlet, a great stress reliever. To combine that with something that I'm passionate about, bargain shopping and finding great deals, is so fun! Well, you know it's been a long and crazy week when you have been looking forward to Friday all week long and suddenly realize at 5:30 pm on Friday that it's already Friday! I was driving home and thought, "Oh crap! I forgot to do my Frugal Friday post last night! How did this happen!?!?" Lucky for me (and you), I got an e-mail today from one of my best friends, Bonnie, that said, "Put this on your Frugal Friday!" It was like she knew that I had been running around like a crazy person and didn't have time to relieve any stress by blogging about my frugal week!

Her e-mail said, "September is Volunteer Appreciation Month at Studio Movie Grill! As a reward for all the hardworking volunteers in Texas, Studio Movie Grill is giving away movie tickets! Simply click on this link to print out the coupon and enjoy a movie with a friend! The passes are good from September 8th through September 30th at any Studio Movie Grill location."

If you don't already volunteer at a local non-profit, what are you waiting for? This website will help you find volunteer opportunities in your area. What a fun thing to do as a family or maybe even for a girls day/night out!

If you're in the Dallas area, my vote for a non-profit organization to volunteer with is Camp Summit. Camp Summit's mission is to provide barrier-free outdoor experiences that promote personal growth and foster independence for children and adults with disabilities. Their campers range in age from six to adulthood and may be developmentally delayed, physically challenged, dual sensory impaired (deaf and blind) or have multiple disabilities. Camp Summit, like most non-profit organizations, is always looking for volunteers to serve the community alongside them. If you're interested in volunteering with Camp Summit, contact their main office at 972-484-8900.

2 comments:

Bonnie Webb said...

Oooo Girl! I'm lovin this frugal Friday! Shout out to Camp Summit! :) Maybe we can use our volunteer tickets and go to the Studio Movie Grill together. Keep on postin sista, sure do love to read whats going on in your pretty little head!

dabradberrys said...

God is good. He really has a way of stepping in there and finding a way to get His message across of volunteering, right in the middle of your Frugal Friday blog. Only God could find a way to do that.
Love, MOM