Friday, August 7, 2009

Frugal Friday!

I'm sad to report that I did not make any frugal purchases this week. Disappointing, I know. I will, however, leave you with a frugal tip!

One thing I really enjoy doing when I have the whole day to myself is make greeting cards. This doesn't happen often because I typically always have plans, and you really have to have a large block of time set aside if you want to feel like you've accomplished anything. I like making cards for two reasons. 1. It's a stress-free time for me. I just sign in to Pandora (the greatest invention, ever) and let my mind go. 2. Who doesn't love receiving a handmade card? I always try to give original and thoughtful gifts, and a handmade card is perfect for any occasion. You can always find paper on sale at Hobby Lobby, not to mention some great coupons online.

Maybe you don't have the time to make cards, or being crafty isn't your thing - totally okay! There are websites like Etsy (my favorite) where you can buy all sorts of handmade things, cards being one of them. You can find way cheaper and WAY CUTER cards on Etsy compared to those you'd find in a grocery store.

Speaking of Etsy, my friend Erin Chaney makes really cool headbands and jewelry pouches, so check out her stuff! I got my mom a jewelry pouch for Mother's Day and she loved it!

2 comments:

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

This is something I totally did not know about you! Can't wait to receive a handmade card for Christmas!!

dabradberrys said...

Meschill in my office is going to have classes for those who want to learn how to make Christmas cards. Didn't sound like something I would be interested in, but maybe I'll check it out, plus your recommended links.
Love, MOM