Sunday, March 7, 2010

Get your GROUPON on!

I heard about this site, Groupon, from my friend Bianca. I'm in love. Basically, Groupon partners with local businesses in major cities to bring customers daily deals. Each day I get an e-mail from Groupon spotlighting the day's deal. You have until 11:59 pm to buy, and then the deal is gone, never to return. Well, it may return, but not any time soon. It's a win-win, because I'm offered a great discount for a service/product I probably haven't heard about before, but would like to try, and the local business gets more traffic in their store.

On another note, I have a girl's night once a month with Bonnie and three of her best friends from high school, who have now become friends of mine. One of the Groupon deals was at a local fitness center. They were offering 3 pole dancing classes and one burlesque class for 80% off the regular price. I instantly thought this would be a girls night to remember. Since you only have until the end of the day to sign up, I sent out an urgent e-mail asking the girls to respond with their thoughts ASAP. They were all in! We planned our first class for the last week in March and I'll let you know how that goes.

In other news, one of my best friends, Callie, got engaged last Saturday! I introduced Jeremy to you in an earlier post, here. He's really great, and we are all really excited for them! I will post the pictures and the proposal details later. I'm off to teach some kids that God is in charge of everything!

No comments: