Friday, June 5, 2009

Frugal Friday!

Okay, I missed Frugal Friday last week, shame on me. I did not, however, miss any frugal opportunities. I will just add them to this week’s posting.

Monday, May 25th: I went to Don’s Fish Camp, just outside of San Marcos, to float the river with a couple of my friends from high school today. If you’ve ever floated the river, you know that there isn’t much you can do if you need to go to the bathroom. In order to make sure that I had everything out of my system before my trip, I headed to McDonald’s with my parents to get Mother Nature’s best laxative – coffee. I walked into McDonald’s and saw a big stand with a sign that read “Free Mocha Monday.” Well anything with the word “Free” in it catches my eye, so naturally, I inquired about the sign.

Me: Free Mocha Monday… What does this mean?!
Man at McDonalds: It’s Free Mocha Monday. You get a free mocha coffee, iced or hot.
Me (waiting for the catch): Seriously? Do I need to buy something to get this for free?
Man at McDonalds: No, it’s Free Mocha Monday – it’s free…
Me: What a blessing! This is the only reason I came here this morning and it’s FREE! Awesome!

Well, the coffee did what it does best – it woke me up and ensured that I was not miserable on the river. Best of all – it was FREE!

Original Price: $3.00; My Price: FREE. Total Savings: $3.00 or 100%.

Saturday, May 30th: I went to Sprout’s with Ali today to get some chicken. I’m a serious fan of chicken, but especially theirs. We walked up and saw a huge trailer with incredibly large plastic avocados, at least 20 feet high. Apparently, there are people who travel all over the country giving away FREE chips and guacamole. What an awesome job. I want to do that. So not only did we get FREE chips and guacamole, but they also had a special on the guacamole – 2 packs for $5. The goodness does not stop there. We were also given a “buy one get one free” coupon. So I got 2 packs of guacamole for $2.50.

Original Price: $10.00; My Price: $2.50 Total Savings: $7.50 or 75%.

Wednesday, June 3rd: Sonic was offering FREE root beer floats tonight from 8 to midnight to promote the fact that they are open until midnight or later all summer long. Ali and I went after we worked out and we weren’t ashamed at all.

Friday, June 5th: Krispy Kreme is giving away a free doughnut today in honor of National Doughnut day! Go get you some!

Original Price: $0.90; My Price: FREE. Total Savings: $0.90 or 100%.

Total Weekly Savings: $11.40

3 comments:

dabradberrys said...

I am going to stop by Krispy Kreme for Donut Day on my way to work.

Love, MOM

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

Hello freeness!! That is AWESOME!!

dabradberrys said...

You're ahead of the trend for furgality. There is an article in the paper on not keeping up with the Joneses but in trying to out save them.