Sunday, November 1, 2009

I Love Real Simple.

I love Real Simple magazine and for the past couple of years, I have gifted myself with it for Christmas. They typically have a buy one get one free around Christmas and I like to buy one for my sister and gift myself with the free one. Anyways, aside from the recipes, my favorite section of the magazine is the "New Uses for Old Things" section. Here are some of my favorites:

A giveaway shower cap becomes the perfect wrapper for shoes when traveling, preventing them from dirtying clothes packed in your suitcase.

Make no-mess pancakes with the help of a ketchup bottle: Pour in batter, then squeeze out precise portions.

No more worries of camisoles and sundresses slipping off hangers when you wrap the ends with rubber bands.

Give Easter eggs a year-round use (and save on resealable bags) by filling them with snacks like crackers or Cheerios.

At a party, stash ice in a colander set on top of a bucket or a bowl. Water will drain out, and guests will get only the solid stuff.

1 comment:

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

Those are BRILLIANT uses!! Thanks for sharing! I'll skip over that section when I read this month's edition since you already filled me in! :)