Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let the Games Continue..

I last blogged about the adventures of the pine cone in July, and the story ended with the original pine cone in my dad's possession. After 3 months of waiting, the story continues. Two weeks ago, my parents took some time off from work to visit friends and family and made a stop in Dallas Friday night. I headed over to Kristen and Dave's Saturday morning for some much needed family time and laughter. I got in my car to head home and noticed some brown things in my seat. I took a closer look and realized they were pine cone remnants. My dad was standing in the drive way waving, with a big smile on his face. I said, "Dad... I feel like there may be a pine cone in here." To which he responded, "Huh?" I looked in my console. Jackpot. I found the pine cone. I held it up and smiled.

That night, I went over to Bonnie's house to get ready for a Halloween party. I grabbed my make-up bag and headed towards a mirror. I opened my bag and found another pine cone, the original one. I laughed.

The next day, I went to the gym and was about to put my sunglasses in their rightful place before I headed in. I looked up and saw another pine cone. Is he serious?


I called my dad.

Me: Dad! I found another pine cone!
Dad: How many is that?
Me: What do you mean how many is that? I've found three.
Dad: Keep looking.
Me: WHAT?!

I grabbed my ID card from the cup holder and walked inside. When I came back out to my car, I put my ID card back where I got it, but this time I saw something I hadn't noticed before. I saw that there was something inside the clip of my work badge. What in the world? It was the world's smallest pine cone...

It's been almost a year since the pine cone made its debut. This Christmas will be filled with more excitement and quite possibly more pine cones. I'm thinking it may be time to assign this pine cone a name. The star of a game that's this fun must have a name. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

No ideas for a name, but I'll keep thinking. I love the pinecone saga!

dabradberrys said...

Piney

Jessica said...

scrathcy

Meggers1021 said...

Thanks for letting me know about the dresses, they were beautiful! I will have to see if I can find them online. Your pine cone story is hilarious!! How about Pine & Seek?