Friday, August 28, 2009

Frugal Friday!

Sunday, August 23rd: My strapless bra continues to fail me and that makes me sad. I'm sad mainly because I am not a fan of shopping for new bras, for a couple of reasons. One because it's really hard to find one that fits you just right and does its job. Two because they are expensive. I have not been looking forward to buying a new one, but alas the day has come and I must get it over with. I remembered that one of my best friends, Callie, said she got her favorite one at Kohls. I took her advice and headed over to Kohls. I found the brand Callie recommended, Lilyette, and it seemed to fit pretty well, but I had to do two tests. The first test was putting on a fitted shirt to make sure everything looked right. Pass. The second test was jumping. I had to make sure that it really would stay in place like the tag boldly proclaimed. Pass. I walked to the front of the store and found out that it was on sale. The goodness does not stop there, no. Not only was it on sale, but I got $10 off my purchase just for signing up to receive coupons and promotions in the mail! AND it is tax-free weekend. Perfect!

Regular price: $32.00. My price: $11.99. Total Savings: $20.01 or 63%

5 comments:

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

I'm so going to get one of those suckers!

Bonnie Webb said...

Yay for tax free bras! Hey, Frugal Friday for the Webbs. We received a "welcome to the neighborhood" package and it had a free large two topping pizza at i frateli! So, large two topping pizza regular price: $12.00 our price: FREE! Boo Yah Sucka! Thanks for Frugal Friday Britt, there is hope in the world:)

Jennifer said...

I LOVE your Frugal Friday posts! You just crack me up because I can hear the excitement that would be in your voice if you were telling us in person. Miss you!

Jessica said...

i'm glad you have joined the club of strapless bras that fit right. love you!

dabradberrys said...

congratulations. That is a very tough assignment.
Love, MOM