Sunday, December 14, 2008

Austin, Forney and an engagement in Denton!

I travelled with Kristen, Dave and Katelyn to the great city of Austin for Thanksgiving. My dad drove to Beaumont to pick up my grandparents so they could be with us for Thanksgiving too! Aside from half of us being sick over the course of the weekend, I was so thankful to spend time with my family and have everyone together for the first time in a long time.

Katelyn was caught red handed with MaMaw's credit card - she had big plans for Black Friday - Babies R' Us, Once Upon a Child (she's such a bargain shopper) and Best Buy to get MaMaw and PeePaw a flat screen for Christmas - so thoughtful.


Katelyn also spent time searching YouTube for hilarious videos - she takes after her Aunt Brenner.


Ali and I finally finished our Charlie Brown pumpkin puzzle and we didn't lose a single piece! I had some intense nights where I would say, "Just one more piece and then I'll go to bed...," but I found myself staying up until 12:00 am (late for someone who normally goes to bed at 10:30 pm).


I also attended the annual Forney Hometown Christmas in Forney, Texas with my friend Bonnie who was born in raised in Forney. Forney has always been a relaxing getaway for me, but this particular weekend was different. This weekend was full of intensity. A lady fell off one of the parade floats and had her foot run over by the float. If that's not crazy enough for a day in Forney, a butane tank also exploded and thankfully Bonnie's dad, Forney Fire Chief, has a great team and they were able to put it out fast. Forney Hometown Christmas also had a huge inflatable slide that we went down. We waited in line for about 45 minutes right behind a large group of the most annoying 11 year olds I've ever encountered, but it was worth it!

My last post mentioned that one of my best friends, Brittany, got engaged. Well, let the proposals continue! Bonnie also got engaged this past Thursday night! WOOHOO!! David, Bonnie's boyfriend/fiance, graduated on Saturday and promised Bonnie that when he got a job, she would get a ring. David accepted a job about 3 weeks ago, and we've been waiting on pins and needles for the question to arise! Bonnie and David wanted to go out to a nice dinner to celebrate David's graduation, and David decided that they should both get dressed up. David came over to pick her up. David made a wrong turn and Bonnie asked him where he was going. He said he needed to stop by the square downtown for something first. It was not unusual for David to do something like this. He parked about a block away from the square and when Bonnie asked him why he didn't park on the square, he replied, "There isn't any parking on the square." They walk towards the square and approach a path of rose petals which leads to a white sheet full of rose petals and a stool in the center of the square. Bonnie sat down and David got out his guitar. He sang her 4 songs, 3 that were milestones in their relationship, and one that he wrote for her. He asked her the pressing question and she said yes! That makes 2 weddings this summer, will there be another?
That's all I got. Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

Love it!! Thanks for the update!!! Even though I always get my updates first hand from our visits, I still love reading about them! Where's the comment you left on my most recent post???!! For some reason, I'm unable to view it! Or is it that you were unable to WRITE it!! :)